Saturday, April 2, 2011

Yummy Treats for Gallery Walk


We had a good opening on Friday evening at John's gallery. The artist was energized and the crowd was enthusiastic. I chose the menu and made food and desserts for the event. It went over really well. I had a great time blending up all the chic peas into hummus. I made garlic hummus and basil/garlic hummus.....a gallon and a half total....I think I should have made 3 gallons. A recipe for Lentil and Barley stew was found in blogland( http://dreamaboutfood.blogspot.com/2011/03/cumin-lentil-barley-stew.html ), so I quadrupled the batch and made over 4 gallons of the yummy warm stew. We resurected a recipe from John's old restaurant, made a huge batch of Quinoa Salad. We also had trays of crackers, veggies, pita, and olives. I baked 3 apples pies for the dessert table...I think I should have baked 9 or 10..seriously...they were so good and everyone loved their deliciousness. As an added bonus...it was all vegan.

No comments: