Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Belly casting....




For 6 of our soon to be 8 kids, we have made belly casts. They are fun to do and the kids love em. Some I have decorated, some are still waiting. The 2 kids that don't have them wish that they did, but they both get it that I really just had not thought of it yet. Not that they were my idea, but I did not know about them.




The first one I did with a group of girlfriends and aunts, cousins, sisters, and in laws, the second my my sister and my 2 oldest girls did with me, then the 3rd and 4th my labor support team of friends, kids, sister, and midwives did while I was in labor with the twins...interesting experience, then the 5th was made by my sister and I alone.




So for this one, I had John's help, so his first hands on belly casting experience was last night. I think he had a good time. It was almost midnight and all was quiet, it was cool out and the windows were open, just he and I, some Vaseline, a bunch of plaster gauze, and bowl of water. Sounds like fun, huh?!!??? So we made it, and if you know my husband, everything he does, no matter how messy, he always stays extremely clean, and once again no mess..no surprise there I guess, so here it is, still drying, now it is actually drying not sitting upright so that it does not lose it's shape. It was very fun for us to do it together, kind of a fun therapy session or something.

1 comment:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hey Jess, How super cool is that!? Do you have them hanging on a wall? I'd probably be decoupaging them..LOL So cool...thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Steph